3. Other Departments and Institutions
Markaz shall also focus on the domains listed below. Zones and Local Units too will keep these tasks at the centre of their attention, keeping in view their strength and design necessary plans towards achieving them. Zones and Local Units can choose among these different domains based on their prevailing situations, needs and organizational strengths.
- Community Affairs:
The Jamaat will take a timely stand on important issues confronting the Muslim community and ensure that the important issues related to the protection and development of the Muslim Ummah get a prominent place in the agenda of the country. Jamaat will also ensure giving them a positive turn. The measures targeting the lives and property of Muslims would be resisted. Jamaat would also ensure the Muslim community to come out of its political ignominy and disrepute. In this context, Markaz, Zones and Local Units will perform the following tasks as per the need and demand of the situation.
- Taking appropriate measures for the economic development and stability of Muslims.
- Encouraging Muslims to improve their physical and mental health and providing appropriate guidance for physical fitness and sports activities.
- Maintaining a working relationship with Parliamentarians, administrators, religious and community leaders and media persons to draw the attention of legislation, administration and media towards serious public issues. Efforts will be made to disseminate the right information to present an Islamic standpoint on those issues.
- Building and promoting effective narratives to undermine the Islamophobic propaganda.
- Preparing Muslims to take all necessary measures within the purview of law and the Shariah to defend themselves and other oppressed people from attacks on their lives, property and dignity, and get the support of justice-loving people in the country in this regard.
- Rapport building with the professionals, intellectuals, bureaucrats, lawyers, industrialists and business houses of the country and solicit their services for the protection and development of the Muslim community.
- To Establish 300 new interest-free societies with the cooperation of like-minded institutions.
- Vocational training for small business will be provided to 5,000 people in collaboration with various institutions so that they can become self-employed.
- Small loans will be provided for one lakh people with the support of like-minded institutions.
- 100% utilization of the budget allocated in government and welfare schemes for Muslims will be ensured.
- Institutions established for the development of trade and investment will be strengthened.
- The work of gathering and organizing the real data and correct stand related to the various affairs of the Muslim community will be done and they will be presented in the media and social media in an appropriate manner.
- Groups will be formed at Markaz and Zonal levels that can quickly mobilize against atrocities on Muslims and other weaker and oppressed sections of the society and take necessary legal, political and social measures.
- Timely intervention and discussion will be initiated on the issues related to Islam and Muslims that become the subject of public debate so that the right public opinion can be built. This intervention would be carried out both at central and state levels.
- The attention of the government, trustees and the public will be drawn so that they discharge their duties towards recovery, development and proper utilization of Waqf (endowment) properties. In this regard, a representative cell of the Muslim community will be established at the level of Markaz and Zones as and when required.
- Joint forums for the unity of the Muslim community would be established at Zonal and Local levels as and when required.
- The organization of doctors would be consolidated and activated.
- Efforts will be made to increase financial literacy in the Muslim Ummah and training and guidance will be provided in relation to investment, capital market and growth of wealth.
- Special attention will be given to the expansion and consolidation of the collective system of Zakat.
- Cultural festivals would be organized in metro cities as per feasibility.
- National Affairs:
Jamaat will try to strive to establish peace and order in the country and endeavour to secure justice in every strata of the society. It will raise its voice against social injustices in society. Further, it will elucidate the requirements of justice and fairness in the light of Islamic teachings and make every possible effort to achieve them. In this regard, the following activities will be carried out at the level of Markaz, Zones and Local Units as per the need and demand of the situation.
- Striving at all levels to combat communalism, communal hatred and fascism.
- Promoting democratic values in the country and striving for justice in tandem with various cultural entities of the country. Collaborative efforts would be made towards achieving the end in cooperation with various organizations, institutions and personalities at the Markaz and Zonal levels.
- Striving for the establishment of social justice in the country.
- Making efforts to correct social evils existing in the country such as casteism, bigotry, immorality, culpable homicides, depriving girls of their rights, etc.
- Spelling out the Islamic perspective regarding the environmental crisis.
- Establishing non-profit institutions of interest-free lending, mutual aid institutions, public and primary health centres, Nagarik Seva Kendras, counselling centres and educational institutions with the support of the society as per the need and demand of the situation. Efforts will be made to ensure that these institutions benefit all regardless of religious and caste considerations.
- Institutions for the protection of civil rights and legal assistance and guidance shall be established in the Zones where they have not yet been established, while the existing institutions will be strengthened.
- Adequate measures will be taken at the level of Zones and Local Units on environmental issues.
- Public opinion will be built in favour of interest-free banking, takaful and the Islamic economic system in the policy-making institutions and at the public level.
- Intervention to be made and policy advocacy to be done on one or two national issues every six months at the Markaz level and in bigger zones in such a way that people get to know the distinctive Islamic teachings regarding them.
- Attention will be given towards the establishment and consolidation of Dharmik Jan Morcha and FDCA at Markaz and Zonal levels, while the Sadbhavana Manch shall be established and consolidated at the Local Unit level.
- For the purpose of maintaining communal harmony and interaction between groups, similar forums will be created exclusively for women and for youth as well.
- Civil society networks will be strengthened and efforts will be made to ensure that these networks strive for peace and harmony and justice and fairness, with collaborative efforts.
- Special efforts will be exerted at selected places on important social problems of Indian society (such as casteism, ignorance, bigotry, indecency, culpable homicide, deprivation of girls of their due rights, etc.)
- Media and Digital Media:
Emphasis will be placed on the use of modern mass media to mold public opinion. Moreover, cooperation and collaboration will be extended to individuals and institutions working in these fields.
The following tasks will be undertaken in this regard:
- To make an agenda of public debate by bringing an issue related to Indian society in media and social media, every quarter, conducting public debates and through personal contacts. Public opinion will be sensitized on that issue.
- Strengthening of the Jamaat’s own media cell and thereby presenting the Jamaat’s position in the media and establishing contact with media persons.
- Preparing selected persons and spokespersons to participate effectively in media debates, by imparting respective skills and training.
- Jamaat will educate 100% Muslim and 10% non-Muslim journalists and intellectuals so that they become aware of the Islamic position on varied issues. This will be carried out in selected Zones.
- A national-level digital news channel will be launched in English and Hindi.
- Support will be given for the establishment of an independent media house, through which the following functions will be carried out:
- Production of purposeful thematic short films;
- Creation of national-level YouTube channels;
- Preparation of narratives on various issues; and
- Preparation of panellists participating in media discussions.
By participating in the process of educational reforms at the policy-making level, Jamaat will try to make education accessible to all citizens, lending assistance to design the curriculum based on known and authentic facts and include universal moral values in pedagogy. Further, it will also endeavour that the religious identity of any class is not tampered with. Jamaat will also be attending to the education of Muslims their literacy and their presence in higher education to catch up with the national average.
The following activities will be carried out as required in the field of education at the level of Markaz, Zones and Local Units:
- Monitoring the government pedagogy and education policy and focusing on the aspects requiring reforms. Seeking support from teachers’ organizations at the level of Markaz and Zones towards this end.
- Consolidating and activating the Markazi Taleemi Board to harmonize the curriculum of Muslim educational institutions, including religious schools, with the requirements of Islamic education in contemporary times and to protect their constitutional rights.
- Creating educational awareness in the Muslim Ummah, striving for their development and awakening the community towards mass enrollment in primary and higher education.
- Jamaat will take the lead in establishing at least one university and institutions of higher education with the help of society.
- Efforts will be made to upgrade four institutions of higher education having ideological resonance with Jamaat, as Centers of Excellence.
- Muslim students (male and female) will be prepared for education in important fields like civil services, law, media, economics, political science, sociology, history, statistics, artificial intelligence (AI) and data science.
- Extensive efforts will be made to establish part-time Islamic schools.
- Support will be given to such schools that concur with Jamaat’s idea of education in improving their management, quality of education and performance of their educational institutions. Jamaat will lend support to training at both pedagogical and administrative levels.
- Training of Children:
All-round training and development of children is the first step towards the development of any society. It is very important for the Islamic Movement to pay special attention to the education and training of children. From their early days, right from earlier childhood days, they should get exposure to Islamic teachings; they should be embellished with morals and character and inculcated with love for Islam and the Islamic Movement.
- Carrying out various innovative activities to inculcate the love of Allah and the Prophet ﷺ in children.
- Conducting regular gatherings of children at the local level and providing them with opportunities to participate in various religious and welfare activities.
- Creating awareness of Islam through special holiday courses and other useful activities during vacations, to inspire them to be practicing Muslims, and to create consciousness in them about the importance of group living with a cause.
- To Inculcate the spirit of excellence and competition in doing good deeds in today’s competitive life with the help of sports and various academic competitions.
- To Inculcate the desire to excel in the field of education and provide necessary guidance for the same.
- An ‘e-magazine’ for children and parents will be launched and a mobile application will be developed.
- ‘Children’s Literary Forum’ will be established for the promotion of children’s literature.
- Five books for children will be produced and published in English every year.
- Animated cartoons based on at least fifty stories will be produced for children.
- Markaz shall provide a blueprint for the training of and working among children.
- Appropriate literature, cartoons and films for children will be produced in a contemporary style at the level of Markaz.
- Research and Book Writing:
In an era of intellectual crisis and deviant tendencies, Jamaat will endeavour to see the reconstruction of thoughts and systems based on an Islamic worldview, in such a way that it gains footholds. In addition, Jamaat will evaluate critically the dominant intellectual and academic trends of the present time and alternatives will be presented. For this, the Jamaat and its affiliated academic institutions will focus on the following issues:
- To organize academic and research activities and make the scholars realize this duty.
- To Provide scholarly answers to important topics related to various spheres of life as well as to important questions that confront the Islamic Movement and the Muslim community today.
- To Critically evaluate the policies being adopted in the country provide alternatives at a highly intellectual level, and present these research efforts in the form of literature.
- To Develop a comprehensive policy and plan for research and development at the level of Markaz.
- To Manage academic and research projects, exchange experiences, and provide necessary guidance by creating a federation of academic and research institutions at the national and regional levels.
- To Attract and support researchers to carry out research in institutions of higher research on Tehreeki topics and requirements.
- To Collaborate with top research institutes as needed for research on important social topics.
- To Conduct ‘action research’ regarding social change, according to Islamic ideology.
- A History Conference will be held at the level of Markaz.
- At least three books on contemporary and modern topics will be published every year during the current term.
- Literature for creating awareness related to ‘Meeqati Mission’ will be prepared in simple language and translated into regional languages by the respective Zones.
- A ‘Guidebook’ will be prepared for improving the standards in academics and research institutions.
- Important Tehreeki literature will be translated from Urdu into English and from English, Arabic and regional languages into Urdu.
- Academic conferences will be organized and relevant literature will be published in relation to Tehreeki thought, challenges and policies.
The Islamic Movement paid attention to the establishment and guidance of institutions from the early period of its inception to achieve the desired results through the efficient and systematic use of available skills in relevant fields. It is imperative for these institutions to function in a professional manner to achieve the basic purpose of their formation. At the same time, these institutions should also be a reflection of the teachings and values of Islam. The functioning of these institutions should be such that they represent Islam in their respective domains. Jamaat will try to make the institutions functioning either under the management of Jamaat or running by managements working under the guidance of Jamaat or running by individuals who share the common thought about education with Jamaat, a means of public opinion building in favour of Islam. For this, the office bearers of these institutions will be trained and apprised to comply with the following issues:
- Selecting institutions and reforming them in a planned manner at Zonal and Local levels so that they represent a concrete and living example of the various aspects of the Islamic system of life.
- The following points should be kept in mind regarding the establishment of institutions and their effective functioning:
- Need, scope and utility
- Awareness of legal regulations
- Professional individuals
- Financial resources
- Respecting Islamic concepts and principles related to the functioning of the institution and making it a living embodiment of Islamic way of life
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Accounting and Auditing
- Efforts should be made that the institutes should create specialization in their specific domains and should create their identity as exemplary and ideal institutes.
- Institutions should bear witness to Islam with their functioning and reflect Islamic values and teachings in their respective domains.
- Establish a suitable system for solving problems related to administrative and other matters. A system should be in place to present reasonable solutions to the issues related to administration and other fields.
- Markaz will issue guidelines for the effective functioning of institutions.
- A centralized system will be set up for the supervision and guidance of Markaz-level institutions and for their work audit.