1. Basic and Mandatory Work
Dawah, Reformation, Purification and Service
Advocacy of Islam (Dawah) reformation (Islah), purification and self-development (Tazkiyah) and service (Khidmat) will be the main tasks of Jamaat. They will be implemented in a coordinated manner. The teachings of Islam will be highlighted through this work. These tasks will be mandatory for all members and workers, Local Units and Zones of Jamaat. A substantial portion of our efforts and energies will be expended on these tasks. Mosques and various institutions will also keep these tasks in focus.
- Establishing close relations with fellow citizens and encouraging Muslims to do the same.
- Continuously performing the duty of “witnessing” Islam through words and deeds and introducing Islam to as many people as possible at the individual and collective level.
- Keeping an eye on the ongoing debates related to Islam that occur within your scope and sphere of influence and elucidating the truth by giving proper direction to these debates.
- Highlighting the positive aspects of the Muslim Ummah and providing opportunities for all fellow citizens to observe and experience them. For example, by providing occasions to observe congregational prayers, distribution of Sadaqatul Fitr and Zakat, ideal (Muslim) wedding ceremonies, distribution of inheritance and Muslim funerals, etc.
- Identifying such issues regarding the Muslim community in your Unit and Zone about which public opinion is negative, and bringing about positive changes in the community related to those issues.
- Creating courage and confidence within the Muslim Ummah. Building awareness about their position and purpose, developing the spirit of sticking to their religion and being steadfast in its principles and encouraging Muslims to adopt legal and ethical methods for the establishment of justice and fairness and for opposing and ending oppression and injustice.
- Striving continuously for the reformation of the Muslim Ummah, understanding the fundamental deviations from Islam, found in their area of work and circle of influence, and striving systematically with a sense of priority to purge the Muslim society of these deviations.
- Making the Muslim society a source of giving the practical testimony of Islam. Setting good examples before the people of the country and removing their defects in order to accomplish this.
- Transforming mosques and Muslim institutions so that they become a source of witnessing Islam and living examples of the various teachings of Islam.
- Developing a spirit of service among the cadre of Jamaat and the Muslim community at the individual level and motivating them to solve the problems of their townships and providing the basic amenities of life for the people.
- Making the Muslim Ummah a mercy to mankind and preparing them to be selfless servants of all human beings.
- Introducing the Jamaat and its message to as many people as possible within their area of work and circle of influence, to increase the human resources of Jamaat and to transform the Jamaat into an effective force.
- Enabling the members of Jamaat to focus on their self-development in such a way that their relationship with Allah is strengthened and their personality is significantly improved.
- Preparing the individuals of Jamaat for all these tasks in such a way that they emerge as mentors, callers to the way of Allah, leaders and role models in the society.
- Each Local Unit of Jamaat shall introduce Islam to the people of this country to as many as twenty times its workforce and make them volunteers of the Jamaat.
- Members and workers will convey the message of Islam to fellow citizens in such a way that at least ten citizens per member and worker get acquainted with the message of truth, 20% of those citizens should belong to the influential class.
- The Jamaat, with the cooperation of the Muslim community, shall carry out work in such a way that at least 25% of Local Units in the country convey the message of Islam to at least 5% of the Local population.
- Members and workers will familiarize Muslims with the comprehensive concept of religion in such a way that at least 20 Muslims per member and worker of Jamaat become familiar with the comprehensive concept of Islam (20% of those Muslims should belong to the influential class).
- Jamaat will carry out its work with the support of the Muslim community in such a way that at least 25% of the local Muslim population be prepared for correction in basic matters.
- Every member and worker will prepare and implement his/her annual training and development plan as per the training manual issued by headquarters.
- The members and workers will help at least 100 needy people, irrespective of the community they belong to, in such a way that their suffering is reduced or their problem is resolved.
- Each zone of Kerala, Telangana, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh (East) and West Bengal will make at least five ‘model localities’ based on Islamic teachings. Other Zones can also set their own targets.
- 10% of the total number of Local Units in each Zone will increase the number of ‘Ideal Mosques’, with the cooperation of the Muslim community. These ideal mosques will cater to the needs of education and training for Muslims, conduct social activities and display Islamic teachings for fellow citizens. (Markaz will provide the blueprint for it.)
- Islamic Information Centers will be established in two places.
- 100 counselling centres will be established across the country.
- 3000 (men and women) members will go through an online course of study of the Quran and literature in a phased manner designed by Markaz.
- Markaz will design a course for the study of the Quran and literature in a phased manner. According to this, an online course will be developed for men and women.
- Annual training camps for office bearers will be organized at the Zonal level.
- Two camps will be organized for the training of the Umra e Halqa (Zonal Presidents).
- Dawah campaigns will be organized at the Zonal level as per feasibility.
- Guidance will be given for doing Dawah work on social media and a Central level plan will be made for the production of films and videos.
- Common programs for fellow citizens and Muslims will be organized at the Zonal and Local levels.
- Programs for interfaith dialogue will be organized in metro cities as per feasibility.
- Support will be lent to the establishment of ‘Darul Qaza’ at selected places and dispute resolution centres will be established.
- State-level organizations of Ulema will be organized and made active. They will be apprised to work towards the reformation of the society.
- One camp at the Markaz level and two camps at the Zonal level will be organized for the graduates of madrasas and the Imams of mosques.
- A nationwide campaign will be held on the theme of reforming the society.
- Tazkiya camps will be organized once in three months for the members of Jamaat at the Local Unit level and once in a year for the office bearers at the Zonal level, with a special focus on the purification of the heart.
- ‘Tarbiyatgah’ will be organized for office bearers at different levels and selected members of Jamaat at both the Markaz and Zonal levels.
- The ‘Murabbi Daee Rehnuma’ (MDR) course will continue at the Markaz level and as per feasibility, the courses will be conducted at the Zonal level too.
- Cells would be established in Metros and big cities to help and guide people seeking medical treatment. Assistance will also be provided in availing government and non-government schemes.
- In all the units of the Jamaat, as per feasibility, help will be provided for the poor and needy persons and the divorced and destitute women to make them self-reliant.
- As per demand of the situation, social service will be rendered at the societal level, regardless of religious affiliations.
- Groups of volunteers will be formed to deal with emergencies in selected Zones.
- Members and workers will try to create a conducive Islamic environment in their homes, and organize family ‘ijtemas’.
(Note: Keeping in view the above guidelines, objectives, targets, programs and resources, various Zones and Local Units shall determine their own targets and programs. Targets could be set for the ongoing activities, new initiatives and experimental engagements, as per their conditions, needs and strengths.)